Jul 18, 2012

Fish Wars For Green



Original Title : Shores - Like heavy rain or the sea
Artist : Petros Koublis
Painted by : Yip

True story of the photo : If I were writing an English workbook, I would definitely add a portrait of Petros and define him by the phrase; 'Petros is a very talented young boy who has a Santa beard'. :) He almost never has stories about his photos, so let me introduce him. I met him two years ago, but not in person! My graduation project -a short movie- was in progress, and as usual many ideas were floating in my mind. Then I saw one his photos, (named as 'glance') and asked him to use it as one one my locations (yes, I'm into post production, so a photo can be a location! and of course we had common friends, I didn't find him from a photo-dating site!).  Everything started like that...the photo couldn't take place in my movie because I again changed my mind and shot something crazy but it induced me and Petrosi (that's how I call him) become friends. On my second visit to Athens, I finally met him and convinced myself that he is consisted of bones and flesh like us. Before that, I was thinking he must be a kind of holy power because he keeps writing like a book, always with article works and feels serious even when he is joking. He's not like that if you're sitting next to him, but if you're just reading texts written by him, it's guaranteed for you to feel you're talking to a lecturer. :)  


My story for the photo :  There was a girl with brown eyes who always wanted to have green eyes. She was so sad because of having brown eyes, because she was thinking that if she had green eyes; world would be more colorful. She was trying to color her life by drawing with rainbow colors, trying to catch up with the green eyed ones. Once she even put colored contact lenses but that had no effect...In years, she learned how to color everything she's into, including objects, texts, people...but her desire of green eyes never left her. For that reason, she unconsciously fell in love with green eyed guys all the time. Maybe she was believing that might lead her to have green eyes. The life she created for herself was very colorful indeed, people around her were sometimes surprised at her colored understanding and vision. But that wasn't enough for her, she was still insisting on her thought that being green eyed will make her perceive everything much more colorful. One day, she met a blue eyed fish. The fish told her if she hang up with them under the sea, after a while she'll have colored eyes. 'Which color?' she asked, 'probably green in your case' the fish replied and she dived deep under with the fish. Some days, some months, and maybe some years passed...and the fish said that she completed the process, she now has colored eyes and free to go. Because there weren't any mirrors under the sea, it wasn't possible for her to check but with a great enthusiasm she swam back on earth. As she looked at herself through a mirror, she saw a pair of blue eyes looking at her back! They weren't green, her eyes were blue but colored anyway! And there was something else, which the fish never mentioned; her eyelids were fishes! She didn't care these both and went out to observe everything in color finally. The world was different now, there were huge buildings, a lot of sad people, and everywhere was gray including the sky. She was surprised, but thought it will take time for her to adjust. As she walked around, nothing changed, but some visions started to came in front of her eyes...all the bad things that she was trying to avoid before; like crimes, poverty...when the vision of a war with little soldiers came along, she tried to close her eyes in order not to see it but she couldn't! Her eyes were wide open and nothing she tried was working. Then she remembered something her grandma used to say when she was a kid; 'What are you looking at without blinking like a fish?!'.

You should; 

See : http://www.behance.net/gallery/Creatures-from-Across-the-See/3290398

Watch : http://vimeo.com/41765107

Read: 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triton_(mythology)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yip

My photo
You shoot, I paint.