Jul 19, 2012

A Girl With Purple Sunglasses



Original Title : First photo without a title! (and this is a nice title)
Artist : Katerina Orfanou
Painted by : Yip

True story of the photo : It was September 11th, 2010. The day before my flight back to Istanbul. Although it was sunny all previous 8 days, it was cloudy on that day. I met Katie around my favorite area Plaka and we went for shopping. First, we bought a little 'bağlama' for my dad, and some unnecessary stuff from Mastiha Shop. Then the time for souvlaki came and I ordered my souvlaki in Greek for the first time! When it started to rain, Katie opened up her umbrella which has little golfishes on it (painted by me) and we tested it under the water. Yes, I painted well...the only damage it had happened in my luggage. I've never been in Gazi (by foot) until that day, so we spent some time around in order to take some photos including a 'Suret' for Bertan. Also we met a baby dog there, we ran with him, made him run after the baloons...Because I used to be a kid back then (I'm a woman now!), she bought me a baloon-maker toy. Of course I was stopping almost in every street and pop-up baloons...this photo is taken on the 3rd parallel of EverGreen. And yes, I always remember everything!


My story for the photo :  I'm so sorry for not coming up with another story but I'm already in this one! The story is me, myself. It was one of my happiest days, because I loved (and still do) being in Athens and I had Katie with me all day; no work, no baby parties, no family dinners, no U2 concert or anything but her orange shoes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yip

My photo
You shoot, I paint.