Jul 16, 2012

Adventures of Bertan Munchausen



Original Title : Karabasan
Artist : Bertan Dobada
Painted by : Yip

True story of the photo : I remember the day it was taken. We went to see 'Van Gogh Alive' to Istanbul Modern with Bert on that day but the entrance was extremely crowded so we did what we do as usual when things like that happen; decided to go somewhere to eat! While we were walking to Karaköy, he looked back for some reason and noticed the character's of this photo. He told me to wait to let them walk in front of us, we slowed down, they were way too slower than us, we hid ourselves into the first street...but women were like snails. As they passed, finally, we followed them but Bert kept saying that we're not that close, we're not that close, we're not that close...Then he made a sudden attack, (took 5 or 6 steps which are equal to my 15 to 20 steps!) ran towards them and shot the frame almost on back of their necks. And we moved on, like it never happened.

My story for the photo : The country we live in now allows more women walk in these scarfs. If I walk while looking at my phone, purse, or somewhere else and then I see the 'scarf-ed ones' all of a sudden, this is what I feel...a huge scream without any noise. Isn't it scary for a kid to face it suddenly? :)

You should;


See : http://www.edvard-munch.com/


Watch : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096764/


Read : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chador

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yip

My photo
You shoot, I paint.